Thursday, January 20, 2011

Surgery Day

I just got home from my surgery. This morning, I had to report to the surgery center at 7:30 a.m. and had the surgery itself at 9:30 a.m. I had to fast from midnight and couldn't drink any water, although I was allowed to have a sip of water with the heart medication I take. Once inside the surgery center, I met with the nurse and anesthesiologist and my doctor. They gave me an IV and a nerve block. The nerve block was a little strange, but I think it was pretty helpful for reducing the pain. They asked me several times my name and what the doctor was operating on.

I woke up feeling relatively coherent. I had anticipated that I was going to awake in a drugged stupor. The nurse gave me some ginger ale and crackers to eat and I lay recovering for a time. The doctor came in told me that the tear in my peroneal tendon was more significant than he expected considering the fact that I had not complained of much pain. I'm hoping it will heal fine, but I'm a little worried that it's going to be a long time before I'm able to run again. I guess I will just have to wait until my post-op appointment and thereafter to see how things progress. Since the tear was severe, I am glad I decided to proceed with the surgery.

What I was most surprised at was being coherent enough to update Facebook and this blog just a few hours after the surgery. Right now, I feel fine, but I'm sure the pain will set in later on.

My parents have been great with helping me out at home. I'm sure the next few weeks will be challenging.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that. Cancer Pain Management Frankfort http://www.zakianwarmd.com/pain-locations/cancer-pain-management/ 03.oct.2016 Approved Cancer Pain Management Frankfort

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm almost at week 6 and can't sleep because as I have more feeling in my foot, it all hurts more. I'm tired of waiting for the day I can walk and sleep and function more normally. This is pretty negative because I'm just tired right now. Sorry. I do like reading others' stories though. I had perronisl tendon attached to other one and two ligaments repaired btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August of 2010. A precious friend told me about Dr Itua Herbal Center in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my cancer and i will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the fees which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure.I told Gomez my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after drinking it for two weeks i was cured I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with cancer to him and that what i'm doing.Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Tach Disease,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Skin Cancer,
    Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Fibromyalgia,a
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia ,Parkinson's disease,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,
    Diabetes ,Coeliac disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Tach Disease,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes.
    Here Is His Contact Info......[Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. Whatsapp...+2348149277967]

    ReplyDelete