Monday, March 21, 2011

Nine Weeks Later

Last Friday, I had another follow up appointment with the doctor. Things appears to be progressing very well. I no longer have to wear the large boot brace, but I need to wear a small brace that fits into my shoe. It looks slightly similar to this. In some ways, wearing the larger brace was easier and a little more comfortable. I have very wide feet and it is difficult for me to find shoes that fit, let alone trying to cram a brace inside the shoe. I was a little concerned about trying to find something I could wear to work but my mom managed to find me a pair of black dress shoes at Shoe Carnival that I can wear to work. They fit all right and I'm not in too much pain.

I have noticed that it can be a bit uncomfortable walking around. I didn't really have any pain at all while I was in the larger boot brace. I suppose it is because I am actually putting more pressure on the tendon.

I have been cleared to perform most exercises, elliptical, bike, even some leg exercises at the gym. However, I am not cleared for running just yet. I have a follow up appointment in seven weeks.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jeff,

    I recently had a peroneal tendon repair. It has been about 12 days. I'm just now starting to get off the pain killers. Overall the pain level is down from the initial trauma of surgery, but I still have the initial pain that i had before surgery along the lengths of the the length of the tendon on the side of my foot. Did you have that after the surgery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay I had surgery on June 9th. Still in my cast for 4 more days. I've had the peronous tendon repaired as well as bone spur removed that also tore the achillies tendon. I stil feel pain but not as bad. Will be in walking boot when cast comes off. Hope your feeling better ! Bonnie

      Delete
  3. Hi! I'm about 5.5 months post op and have started to experience pain when I walk, usually when I have been walking for a while (a few miles). Did you experience pain at this point, or should I be worried I have done something to damage it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm about 5.5 months post op and have started to experience pain when I walk, usually when I have been walking for a while (a few miles). Did you experience pain at this point, or should I be worried I have done something to damage it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, I had my brevis tendon repaired 5 weeks ago. I am in a boot but I am still having pain in the ball of my foot. is this to be expected

    ReplyDelete